Thursday, February 12, 2009

Week 5

I’ve been coasting across the net the past week. Doing homework here, research there, goofing off everywhere… and when I do that I love gaming. I’ve been hitting up a site for what feels like years now called addictinggames.com. It’s super fun flash games that take no time to learn and hours to master, great time waisters. I also tend to trail off to youtube, like most of us do, and view old and random videos to get a chuckle. Pretty much what I’m saying is that if there was no broadband there would be no internet like we know today.

Broadband offers a lot of features to the interent:
• Online Radio
• Movie and TV Streaming
• Instant Scores
• Flash Media
• Downloading
• Online Gaming
• Social/Gaming Networking
• Advertising/Promotional tool

Advertising has now found a new sea to wash.

Being the surfer that I am, I came across a interesting website. Wedigtv.com is the portal for old school game shows, the twist is that you are the contestant. The game show has pre-recorded videos of the host and guest audiences that interact to your decisions, so pick wisely. I played ‘blockbusters’ and ‘Deal or No Deal’, but it seemed to both be British or Australia shows.


Just like television there are commercial breaks. Once again what makes this different is that you interect with the commercial for McCain Fries, Airwick air fresheners and cold medicine.
The makers of this site is called ‘jdproject' and they see them selves as “world leaders in the manipulation, distribution and audit of internet based video advertising.” while also being awarded the 2008 International Emmy Award in recognition of their pioneering work within Internet based video.

Broadband has given Internet advertising pioneers the ability to make it not just the newest medium, but the most popular. While we keep evolving technology internet will be the path to knowledge. I mean I did learn how to tie my tie on youtube.

–RS

No comments:

Post a Comment